Israeli troops withdraw from Nablus, leaving one dead
The Israeli army has withdrawn most of its forces from the West Bank city of Nablus, Palestinians said on Tuesday, three days after the raid started.
Locals and Israel Radio said that the Israeli army began pulling troops out of Nablus late on Monday night and that most of the troops had left the city by Tuesday morning. According to Reuters, residents also said that schools, which had been shut over the past two days, reopened on Tuesday.
During the raid, residents said troops used loudspeakers to urge four members from Fatah's al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades and two more from the Islamic Jihad to surrender.
An army spokesman said on Tuesday troops arrested five men in Nablus.
On Monday, Israeli troops killed a Palestinian in the city on Monday. Anan al-Tibi, 41, was shot in the neck and killed and his 22-year-old son Ashraf was injured when Israeli soldiers stormed their home in Nablus' Old City, Palestinian medical sources said.
- Gunbattle Near Church of Nativity, One Palestinian Killed; Combats in Jenin, Nablus Leave More Palestinians Dead
- Israeli Army Withdraws from Nablus
- Palestinian Source: Five Hamas Members Killed During New Israeli Raid in Nablus; Israel Starts to Withdraw From Tulkarem
- One Israeli Officer Killed in Palestinian Guerilla Attack; Israel Completes Withdrawal From Some Palestinian Areas
- Israeli “Restraint” Results in One Palestinian Dead, 19 Injured; Three Israeli Troops Injured in West Bank