Israeli TV: Hizbollah’s ‘ Kidnapping’ Attempt Foiled
A recent attempt by the Lebanese Hizbollah “to lure an Israeli soldier out of Israel to a foreign country and kidnap him was foiled,” according to Israeli Channel 2 TV on Wednesday.
In a brief report, the station quoted Israeli sources as saying that Hizbollah has been active inside Israel and that the movement is training Islamic Jihad and Hamas activists from the West Bank and Gaza in Lebanon on making and operating powerful bombs for “terror attacks” in Israel.
In October, Hizbollah took captive four Israelis, three soldiers and later a reservist colonel suspected of working with the Mossad. Hizbollah plans to swap the prisoners with Lebanese, Palestinian and Arab prisoners in Israeli jails – Albawaba.com
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Palestinian Groups Give Hizbollah Wish Lists of Israeli-Held Prisoners
- German Negotiators Intercede on Behalf of Israel to Release Israeli Prisoners
- Report: Hizbollah, Israel about to Reach Deal on Prisoners Exchange
- Press: Hizbollah Refuses to Give Israelis News of Hostages
- Hizbollah will Swap Israeli Soldiers for Lebanese Held in Israel