Israel's prime minister to undergo ''medical treatment''; all meetings cancelled
Israel's Prime Minister Ariel Sharon will undergo treatment for stones in his urinary tract on Monday, his office announced.
The stones were discovered in a checkup the prime minister underwent a day earlier, and he is expected to be released by evening to his home, the office statement added.
The office did not give any additional details about the 75-year-old leader's health.
The office added Sharon was expected to rest at home for an undisclosed period following the procedure. Army Radio reported Monday that Sharon had canceled all of his scheduled meetings for the day. (Albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Growing tension between PA, Israel over issue of prisoners: Sharon-Abbas meeting cancelled
- Security Situation Prompts Sharon Decision to Delay London, Washington Visits
- Straw to Meet Sharon Tuesday
- Netanyahu sets conditions to join Sharon cabinet, Mofaz accepts defense portfolio; Two homes destroyed in Jenin area
- Sharon offers Moscow to combat ''terror'' together