Israel's Shin Beth to Appoint Spokesman to Improve Public Image
Israel's Shin Beth security service is about to appoint a spokesman's unit for the first time, reported Haaretz newspaper.
"We have to adapt ourselves to the 21st century," a senior official of the organization said.
A Shin Bet team is currently working out the details of the new unit and an authorized spokesman should be in place within about two months, said the paper.
According to the paper, once the final decision is made, Shin Beth chief Avi Dichter will ask for the approval of Prime Minister Ehud Barak, to whom the Shin Bet is accountable.
The spokesman will come from within the organization, but will have an external adviser in the form of an expert from a public relations company or an advertising agency, added the paper.
In addition to responding to queries from journalists, the idea is for the spokesman to initiate and implement ideas that would "market" the Shin Beth and enhance its public image, said Haaretz - Albawaba.com
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Israel Names New Chief of Shin Beth Security Agency
- Barak Appoints Minister for Israeli Intelligence, Internal Security
- PNA: Israel has not Kidnapped Palestinian Suspects in Ramallah Killing
- Shin Beth Warns against \'Terrorist Palestinian State\'
- Two Israeli Demonstrators Break Through Security at Israeli Cabinet Meeting