Israel's top General warns against Iran's ''non-conventional weapons threat''
Israel's military chief of staff issued a warning Wednesday over the "danger" represented by non-conventional weapons of "an irresponsible" country such as Iran.
"The fact that a country like Iran, an enemy (of Israel) and which is particularly irresponsible, has equipped itself with non-conventional weapons is worrying," General Moshe Yaalon told Israel's military radio.
"The combination in this case of a non-conventional regime with non-conventional weapons is a concern," Yaalon said in an interview to mark the Jewish new year holiday.
"At the moment there is ongoing international diplomatic activity to deal with this threat and it would be good if it succeeds.
"But if that is not the case we would consider our options," the general further stated. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Israeli army chief: U.S. has enough forces now to start attack on Iraq
- Nuclear watchdog chief: Extent of Israeli nuclear program ''unknown''
- Iran Rebuffs Mossad Chief’s Nuclear Weapon Allegation
- Israeli army chief rules out military action against Iran
- Minister: Russia Ready to Provide Iran with Conventional Weapons