Istanbul to host regional meeting on Iraq
Syria and Turkey have agreed to hold a regional meeting on the Iraqi crisis first in Istanbul and then in the Syrian capital of Damascus, according to the official Syrian Arab News Agency Monday.
The Istanbul meeting is expected to take place on January 23. Turkey and Syria had offered to host a meeting to try and come up with a peaceful resolution to the Iraqi crisis. (Albawaba.com)
- Egyptian, Jordanian Foreign Ministers to hold consultations ahead of Istanbul meeting
- Syria to host regional meeting on Iraqi situation
- Turkey welcomes Syrian invitation to host meeting
- Syrian Foreign Minister phones counterparts ahead of Istanbul meeting
- Turkish police arrest protesters on eve of regional meeting