IT Promotion Initiatives Announced in Tunis
The Tunisian government has announced a series of measures to promote information technology, including lower Internet access fees, a reduction in the value-added tax paid on Internet subscriptions from 18 percent to 10 percent, North Africa Journal reported.
According to the paper, a loans program to be run by the Banque Tunisienne de Solidarite will allow middle-income families to borrow up to Td 1,000 on favorable terms to buy a computer -- Albawaba.com
- Regional and global leaders to meet in Tunis to discuss Arab economy
- Tunisia’s ‘family computer’ program picks up steam
- "Plastic Expo 2005" to start in Tunis
- Dubai Culture announces Sikka Art Fair at Al Bastakiya to promote Emirati and local artists
- Dubai International Film Festival announces US$ 60,000 ‘DIFF Distribution Award’ to promote distribution of Arabic films