Italian member of Europe parliament blasts US sanctions on Syria
The Italian member of the European Parliament Luisa Morgantini slammed US sanctions imposed on Syria, pointing out that this position should be taken against Israel, which occupies lands and hampers the peace process.
“Peace should be based on justice and international resolutions not on double standards and bias that America adopts as a policy towards Israel”, Morgantini said in a statement to a SANA correspondent in Rome on Tuesday.
Furthermore, Morgantini stressed that Syria is a civilized country and seeks development - thereby the US should help it achieving its development process through constructive dialogue and cooperation. (Albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Syria, Japan call to resume Middle East peace talks
- Syria's Prime Minister expresses readiness to renew peace process with Israel
- Spanish Parliament Speaker hails relations with Syria
- Syria: International community should pressure Israel
- Syria’s Foreign Minister: Israel practices terrorism against Palestinians