Italian Parliament Speaker to Visit Iran
Italian parliamentary speaker Luciano Violante said he would visit Iran this November, reported Iran News Agency (IRNA).
Violante's remarks came during a meeting with Iran's parliament speaker Ali Karrubi in New York, said the agency.
Violante pointed to the "importance of developments in Iran," adding that Italy is closely following these developments and is quite aware of their sensitivity.
For his part, Karrubi pointed to Iran's foreign policy to expand its relations with the European countries and especially Italy and asked for further activating the friendship group of the two countries' parliaments, IRNA said.
He also called for the continuation of the meetings between the representatives of Iran, Italy, Greece and Egypt to discuss the issue of dialog between civilizations, said the agency - Albawaba.com
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Iran's Parliament Speaker to Meet Berlusconi
- Head of Italian Parliament in Iran for Talks
- Kuwait\'s Parliament Speaker Holds Talks in Tehran on Strengthening Bilateral Ties
- Iran\'s Parliament Speaker Holds Talks with Jordanian Officials on Strengthening Bilateral Relations
- Khatami: Ground Laid for Iran-EU Cooperation