British ambassador: We are close to identifying James Foley's killer
In an appearance Sunday on CNN's State of the Union, Westmacott said he couldn't give further details about the killer's identity, but "we are close" to identifying him.
In a video depicting the killing, the IS militant can be heard speaking with a British accent.
- SAS in high-tech hunt for James Foley’s killer in Iraq
- James Foley's killer could be a British national who left a rap career in London for jihad in Syria
- U.S. reveals failed plan to rescue ISIS hostages including James Foley
- Diane and John Foley, parents of journalilst James Foley, sit for a portrait at their home during an interview
- James Foley was 'waterboarded' by IS during captivity