Jamie Clarke, a Modern Day Lawrence of Arabia
Canadian Jamie Clarke is hoping to the join the ranks of such prestigious western personalities as T.E. Lawrence, better known as Lawrence of Arabia.
Like Lawrence who crossed some of Arabia's harshest deserts, Clarke crossed the desert stretch known as the Empty Quarter. Also like Lawrence who wrote about the trip in the now famous ``Seven Pillars of Wisdom,'' Clarke is writing a book about his travels. Furthermore, just as T.E. Lawrence received the nickname, Lawrence of Arabia, Clarke's Bedouin companion's nicknamed him ``Suhail Bin Canada.
But Clarke, 29, is taking it one step further. Clarke also intends to transform his journey into an motion picture for the massive Imax screen. Clarke is now back in Abu Dhabi talking about his book, which is expected to be completed in English in the spring and Arabic in the fall.
Clarke, who also wrote a book about climbing Mount Everest, is seeking to get President Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, to write the book's introduction.
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Australia’s Mix of Youth and Experience Will be Key Against Pakistan
- Demand still outstrips supply in Abu Dhabi which will continue to ignite the real estate sector
- agility’s double win at the aeo excellence awards 2007
- Merville succeeds Massad at Man Investments, Middle East
- Shaikh Zayed Speeches And Statements Compiled into New Book