Japan helps in rebuilding Algerian schools
Japan Bank for International Cooperation (JBIC) Governor: Kyosuke Shinozawa, on Wednesday signed a loan agreement totaling 1,943 million yen (some US 18 million dollar) with the Government of Algeria for the Earthquake-Affected Education Sector Reconstruction Project. The loan will finance equipment and civil works for rebuilding 26 primary schools, 4 junior high schools and 6 senior high schools that suffered heaviest damage in the Northern Algeria earthquake that hit the country in May 2003.
- Japan to provide Algeria with €22 million for reconstruction of schools destroyed by earthquake
- Japan's defense minister to visit Europe for talks on force dispatch to Iraq
- Japan helps Sudan to rebuild fisheries sector
- Japan's Defense Minister cancels Iraq visit over '\'security concerns'\' as troops plan to resume operations in south
- Japan approves dispatch of forces to Iraq