Japanese Prince and Princess in Egypt
Japan's Prince Takamado, a close relative of the emperor, visited tourist sites in Upper Egypt with his wife Tuesday, traveling to Luxor, Assuan and Abu Simbel.
The 46-year-old prince and his wife arrived in Egypt Sunday and were received by Prime Minister Atef Ebeid and Culture Minister Faruq Hosni, the Japanese embassy said.
The royal couple also paid a visit to a children's hospital in Cairo that is financed by Japan.
Wednesday, the prince will launch a Japanese cultural week in Cairo.
The trip is the first visit to Egypt by members of the Japanese imperial family since 1975. Prince and Princess Takamado will leave June 2 for Morocco -- CAIRO (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Prince and his Princess: Kuwaiti royalty dating son of the King of Pop?
- Japan’s Emperor hospitalized
- Past Pavlavi Persian princess made an Egyptian citizen: Princess Shahnaz of Iran welcomed by Cairo with open arms
- Mrs Heba Al Kharafi receives a Humanitarian Achievement Award from Princess Haya at the Women In Leadership Forum
- Royal celebration to be held on May 27