Jebel Ali Cement becomes first cement company to receive prestigious Dubai Quality Appreciation Program award
Dubai-based Jebel Ali Cement Factory, a leading manufacturer and supplier of cement has become the first cement company to receive the Dubai Quality Appreciation Program (DQAP) award. The award was presented by H.H. Sheikh Hamdam Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai, during a special award ceremony organised by Dubai World’s Business Excellence Center at the Grand Hyatt hotel in Dubai.
Jebel Ali Cement won the 2009 edition of the award for its prioritisation of quality as a key driver for corporate growth. DQAP recognises quality in overall management, including all aspects of operations, Human Resource, policies and procedures, customer relations, and Environment, Health and Safety (EHS).
“We are extremely honoured to receive this award. This achievement culminates four years of upgrades to our organizational structure, which have enabled us to use the latest technologies to meet our quality-related goals. We would like to thank our staff members for fully supporting our focus on quality and for their constant efforts in achieving greater process efficiencies across the organisation,” said Yousuf H. Sharaf, Managing Director, Jebel Ali Cement Factory.
Jebel Ali Cement Factory (JACF) an ISO 9001 – accredited company, is located in Jebel Ali Industrial area and has a production capacity of one million tons per annum.
- ABB SpectraFlow analyzer successfully commissioned at Oman’s Raysut Cement
- LG achieves LEED Gold certification for first multiple building in Jebel Ali Free Zone
- Imdaad bags award for Dubai Quality Appreciation Program at Dubai Quality Awards 2010
- Jebel Ali Cement upgrades capacity to 880,000 tonne per year with new production facility
- Jafza celebrates Excellence Awards