Jerusalem: 16 wounded in another bulldozer attack, Palestinian driver shot dead
A Palestinian bulldozer driver went on a rampage in downtown Jerusalem on Tuesday, just three weeks after a similar attack in the capital left three people dead. According to Israeli media reports, 16 people were injured in the attack on Tuesday, one of them seriously. The casualties were taken to a Jerusalem hospital for treatment. Israeli rescue services said they had evacuated one person whose leg was partially severed and Israeli media said he had been in an overturned car.
The 22 old year driver of the tractor struck several cars and a bus before being shot dead by security forces, the Israel Radio said.
The attack occurred hours before U.S. Democratic presidential hopeful Barack Obama was to arrive for a short visit to Jerusalem.
Earlier this month, a Palestinian resident of East jerusalem plowed a bulldozer in Jerusalem's main thoroughfare. He was not known to be affiliated with any Palestinian group.
- Palestinian shot dead during house demolition in East Jerusalem
- Palestinian bulldozer driver kills three Israeli women in Jerusalem attack
- Jerusalem: At least 19 Israelis wounded in attack, Palestinian driver shot dead
- Israel police claim to foil tractor attack in Jerusalem, Palestinian driver shot
- Jerusalem on standby after alleged 'tractor' terror incident leaves two dead