Over 170 Palestinians injured in Jerusalem clashes
Two journalists were among the injured in the Shuafat neighborhood of East Jerusalem (File/AFP)
Click here to add Ahmad Gharabla as an alert
Disable alert for Ahmad Gharabla,
Click here to add Ali Yasin as an alert
Disable alert for Ali Yasin,
Click here to add Israeli police as an alert
Disable alert for Israeli police,
Click here to add Jerusalem as an alert
Disable alert for Jerusalem,
Click here to add Kristine Rinawi as an alert
Disable alert for Kristine Rinawi,
Click here to add Rajih al-Hawarin as an alert
Disable alert for Rajih al-Hawarin,
Click here to add Red Crescent as an alert
Disable alert for Red Crescent
Over 170 Palestinians were injured in clashes with Israeli forces in occupied East Jerusalem on Wednesday following the kidnapping and killing of a 16-year-old Palestinian from the Shufat neighborhood, medics said.
Red Crescent medics said 170 Palestinians were injured in the clashes, including three with live bullets.
At least 35 people were injured by rubber bullets, including six journalists, and three people suffered fractures after being assaulted by Israeli police officers.
Palestine TV reporter Kristine Rinawi and cameramen Ali Yasin and Ahmad Gharabla were among those reported injured.
Rajih al-Hawarin, a Red Crescent paramedic, told Ma'an that soldiers were firing tear gas, rubber-coated bullets, stun grenades, and live fire at protesters.
- Tens of Palestinians Injured in Clashes with Israeli forces in Jerusalem, West Bank and Gaza
- Israeli forces arrest 36 Palestinians in W. Bank raid as three Palestinians injured in clashes over fence
- No, those AKP-branded balls were not rubber bullets
- #48KMarch to Jerusalem triggers deadly clashes
- Dozens of Palestinians injured at Qalandiya funeral clashes