Jerusalem: At least 19 Israelis wounded in attack, Palestinian driver shot dead
At least 19 Israelis were hurt in an attack at a busy Jerusalem intersection Monday night. One of the victims sustained serious injuries, while the rest were lightly to moderately hurt. Most of the wounded were Israeli soldiers.
According to Haaretz, Israeli sources said a Palestinian driver drove his car into a group of Israeli troops at a central intersection. The driver was shot and killed by one of the soldiers. "A man in a vehicle struck a number of people in Kikar Tzahal," police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld said. "We can confirm it was a terror attack. The man was shot and killed."
Israel's Channel 10 News reported that the perpetrator was driving a black BMW.
In recent months, Palestinians who lived in east Jerusalem carried out two attacks within three weeks of each other using heavy construction machinery, killing three people and wounding others.
- Jerusalem: Israel police claims to foil tractor attack; Palestinian driver shot
- Jerusalem: 16 wounded in another bulldozer attack, Palestinian driver shot dead
- Palestinian bulldozer driver kills three Israeli women in Jerusalem attack
- Four settlers shot dead near Hebron; Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades claims attack
- Palestinian shot dead during house demolition in East Jerusalem