Jewish group urges US administration to ban Hizbullah Al-Manar TV station
"The Jewish Anti-Defamation League" (ADL) has called on the United States to add Hizbullah’s Al-Manar TV station to its list of global "terrorist" groups. The action would bar all business deals with the station by American advertisers. Al-Manar has been broadcasting from Lebanon since 1997.
According to ADL, “the connection between al-Manar and Hizbullah is direct and indisputable.”
In a recent letter to US Treasury Secretary John Snow, Glen A. Tobias, ADL National Chairman, and Abraham H. Foxman, ADL National Director, stated that "Al-Manar is more than Hizbullah’s mouthpiece, it is its tool for incitement to terror against Americans."
Tobias and Foxman added: "It broadcasts images of Iraqi devastation attributed to the U.S.-led action with voiceovers calling for “death to America” and calls for the recruitment of Palestinian “martyrs” to kill Jews."
Al Manar Television is broadcast live via satellite throughout North America. The service also includes the audio channel Radio Al Nour. (Albawaba.com)
- Au Revoir to French democracy? The case of Al Manar
- Nasrallah vows to continue anti-government protest
- Hizbullah leader vows to attack new Israeli targets as four UN observers killed by Israel
- Nasrallah: Lebanon leadership is weak
- American Press Urges Government to Investigate Jewish Terrorist Groups in US