Jewish Settler Admits to Shooting Palestinian Boy in Hebron
A Jewish settler turned himself in to the police Saturday evening, and admitted that he was responsible for shooting 13-year-old Mansour Jaber in Baqa village in the West Bank city of Hebron on Friday, according to Haaretz newspaper.
The man, from Kiryat Arba Jewish settlement, surrendered his weapon to the police and will be remanded in custody for investigation, said the paper.
AFP said that the shooting of the child, whose family's house had been taken over by settlers the day before, came as tens of thousands of Palestinians turned out to bury loved ones or vent anger on the 13th anniversary of the start of the first Intifada.
Jaber was evacuated by an Israeli helicopter to a Jerusalem hospital after being shot in the stomach and the leg by, said the agency.
Palestinian reports said that there was no stone throwing at the time and that Jaber was shot while standing in the doorway of his house.
Jaber's house had been the target of repeated attacks by settlers over the past two years, said AFP -- (Several Sources)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Thousands of Palestinians Bury their Dead as Boy Shot By Settlers in Hebron
- Palestinian Killed in West Bank, Settlers Suspected
- Jewish settlers reclaim a contested house in Hebron
- Israeli Settlers Clash with Palestinian Family in Hebron
- Jewish settlers kill Palestinian girl in Hebron, nine Palestinians wounded