Jewish Settler Killed in West Bank
An Israeli settler was shot and killed in an armed attack carried out by armed Palestinians on Monday afternoon, according to reports.
The attack took place near the West Bank town of Ramallah, close to the entrance to the settlement of Adam, near the northern Jerusalem neighborhoods of Pisgat Ze'ev and Neveh Ya'acov.
AFP identified the dead as Arieh Hershkovitz. The Jerusalem Post said that the settler was apparently alone in his car.
Meanwhile, exchanges of fire between IDF forces and Palestinians are continuing near Neveh Dekalim in Gush Katif, said the Post.
It said that intermittent exchanges of fire have been taking place for most of the afternoon.
Earlier Monday, Israeli soldiers shot and killed a Palestinian man near the Gush Katif Jewish settlement bloc in the Gaza Strip.
More than 380 have been killed in the violence that broke out late September, most of them have been Palestinians, with more than half of whom were below 18 – Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Palestinian Fighters Kill Jewish Settler in West Bank
- Israeli Army Enters West Bank, 17 Palestinians Injured; Jewish Settler Dies of Injuries
- Four Jewish Settlers Wounded in West Bank Attacks Thursday
- Jewish Settler Missing in West Bank amid Reports of Execution
- Elderly Palestinian, Jewish Settler Killed in Continuing Violence