Jewish Settler Killed in West Bank
An Israeli settler was shot and killed in an armed attack carried out by armed Palestinians on Monday afternoon, according to reports.
The attack took place near the West Bank town of Ramallah, close to the entrance to the settlement of Adam, near the northern Jerusalem neighborhoods of Pisgat Ze'ev and Neveh Ya'acov.
AFP identified the dead as Arieh Hershkovitz. The Jerusalem Post said that the settler was apparently alone in his car.
Meanwhile, exchanges of fire between IDF forces and Palestinians are continuing near Neveh Dekalim in Gush Katif, said the Post.
It said that intermittent exchanges of fire have been taking place for most of the afternoon.
Earlier Monday, Israeli soldiers shot and killed a Palestinian man near the Gush Katif Jewish settlement bloc in the Gaza Strip.
More than 380 have been killed in the violence that broke out late September, most of them have been Palestinians, with more than half of whom were below 18 – Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Several Israeli Soldiers Injured in Bomb Explosions in Gaza Strip
- Bomb Explodes near Jewish Settlement in Hebron, no Injuries
- Settler shot dead in West Bank; Israeli forces pull out from Jenin
- Three Israeli Soldiers, Woman Settler Wounded in Exchange of Fire
- Four Palestinians killed in Gaza Strip, One settler shot dead in W. Bank