Jordan’s King Abdullah to Visit Iran
King Abdullah II of Jordan is expected to visit Iran for talks with the Iranian president Mohammed Khatami, diplomatic sources said in Amman Monday.
The Jordanian daily, al-Arab Al Yawm, quoted the sources as saying that the next two months will witness final preparations for the expected visit.
Jordanian foreign minister, Abdulilah al-Khateeb, will visit Tehran in June to hold talks with his Iranian counterpart, Kamal Kharazi, and other Iranian officials, where he will discuss development of bilateral and economic relations, the paper said.
Jordanian-Iranian relation have been stable within the past few years, with major improvements in economic, trade and tourist arenas. Iran had recently proposed to build a factory to manufacture cement water pipes, estimated at a cost of $50 million – Albawaba.com
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Iran\'s Parliament Speaker Holds Talks with Jordanian Officials on Strengthening Bilateral Relations
- For the first time since 1979: Jordan's King visits Iran
- Iran\'s Parliament Speaker Arrives in Amman Sunday for Bilateral, Regional Talks
- King Abdullah's Visit to Iran Postponed
- Jordan\'s King to Visit Iran Late February