Jordan’s King, EU Envoy Discuss Peace Process
Jordan’s king Abdullah received on Sunday the European Union's Middle East peace envoy Miguel Moratinos for talks on the Middle East peace process, reported Kuwait News Agency (KUNA).
The king and Moratinos discussed the latest developments in the peace process and efforts toward achieving just and comprehensive peace, said the agency, quoting a statement.
During the meeting, the monarch stressed the importance of Europe’s role in helping to push the regional peace process forward, the statement said.
King Abdullah also hailed Israel’s withdrawal from south Lebanon as a "positive step towards comprehensive peace in the region."
Moratinos praised the role of Jordan in bringing all parties together for the interest of peace, said the agency.
Earlier in the day, Moratinos held talks with Jordanian foreign minister Abdul-Ilah Khartib.
During their meeting, Khatib reiterated Jordan’s stance towards the Palestinian refugees, saying they have a right to return and to compensation, according to the agency – Albawaba.com
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Arafat, Jordan\'s King Discuss Efforts Needed to Push forward Peace Process
- Jordan's King Says Tourism could Help Middle East Peace Process
- Israel to Send Envoys to Egypt, Jordan to Discuss Middle East Peace
- Jordanian FM, EU Envoy Discuss Middle East Developments
- Arafat to Meet Arab Leaders, Peace Envoys