Jordan’s Prime Minister, FM visit Palestinian leader in Ramallah
Jordanian Prime Minister, Ali Abu Ragheb is scheduled to visit Ramallah on Sunday accompanied by Foreign Minister Marwan al-Muashar, on a brief visit aimed at informing Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat on the outcome of Amman’s efforts to re-start Palestinian-Israeli negotiations.
The Jordanian Minister of Political Affairs and Minister of Information, Mohammed al-Adwan, said in a statement published by the Jordanian daily al-Rai, that Abu al-Ragheb is expected to brief Arafat and other senior Palestinian officials with regards to the outcome of Jordanian King Abdullah’s last visit to the United States, KUNA reported.
Al-Adwan, who is the official Jordanian spokesman, explained that this visit is also aimed at resolving the situation of the Palestinians in wake of the current events in the Palestinian territories. He said it also serves as an expression of support.
He further indicated that Abu Ragheb would pay a visit to the Jordanian field hospital, which offered medical services for Palestinian citizens.
This marks the second official visit of Abu Ragheb to Ramallah while al-Muashar had previously visited Yasser Arafat in his headquarters directly after the end of the Israeli military siege at the beginning of May. (Albawaba.com)
- Arafat physician arrives in Ramallah along with Jordanian FM, says Arafat in '\'good health'\'
- Jordanian Prime Minister Visits Syria
- Foreign Minister: Jordan's King to visit Syria ''soon''
- Arafat Arrives in Jordan for Talks with King
- Powell ends regional tour Wednesday, to meet Mubarak; PA: Israel prevents visit of Jordan FM in Ramallah