Jordan’s Professional Union to Host Anti-Normalization Seminar in August
Anti-normalization with Israel will be the topic of deliberation at a seminar to be held in Jordan’s capital, Amman, in August, according to chairman of the anti-normalization committee at the Jordanian Professional Union, Ali Abu Al-Sukkar.
Abu Al-Sukkar told the Kuwaiti news agency (KUNA) that several eminent Arab Islamic figures, including Kuwaiti former MPs and secretary general of the Gulf Popular Committee for Resisting Normalization with Israel, will be invited for the gathering.
The activist added that several Jordanian associations have changed attitude and backed the campaign against normalization of relations with Israel.
"A Jordanian dentist had declared repent in front of the committee for taking part in a ceremony held by the Israeli embassy in Amman years earlier," al-sukkar told the agency.
The dentist faced opposition when he nominated himself for the union elections, held earlier this month, and had no other choice but to abide by the decisions taken by the Union.
An engineer had also declared repent on television after he conducted a television interview with late Israeli prime minister Yitzhak Rabin.
The union of engineers declared a boycott of a hotel in Amman for hosting a ceremony for the Israeli embassy, marking anniversary of establishment of Israel -- Albawaba.com
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Anti- normalization with Israel resurfaces as Jordanian court requests lifting of immunity from MP
- Painted Israeli Flag Mysteriously Erased from Jordan’s Associations Complex Floor
- Hotel Threatened with Boycott for Hosting Israeli Embassy Reception
- Jordanian unions host conference against normalization with Israel
- Emirati Committee to Resist Normalization with Israel to be Established Next Month