Jordan arrests two Palestinians for threats on American embassy
Two Jordanian Islamists of Palestinian origin have been detained after telephoning a threat to the United States embassy in Amman, a Jordanian security source said Tuesday.
Sheikh Naim Abu al-Luz and his brother Yasser were arrested Monday after a mobile phone they had used to call in the threat to the embassy earlier in the day was traced down, according to AFP.
The brothers are residents of the Palestinian refugee camp of Talibyeh on the southern outskirts of the capital of Amman.
Security at the embassy has been tightened since the October 28 murder of a US diplomat in Amman. (Albawaba.com)
- False Alarm over Bomb Scare at Egyptian Embassy in Amman
- US Warns Nationals in Jordan of Terrorist Threat
- American diplomat unharmed in shooting attack in Amman
- US Confirms Amman Embassy is Target of Terrorist Threat
- U.S. embassy calls American citizens to be vigilant following diplomat killing in Amman