Jordan, Egypt open Red Sea gas pipeline
Jordan's King Abdullah and Egypt's President Hosni Mubarak inaugurated Sunday a Red Sea gas pipeline between their two states.
Pressing a button at a control panel, the two leaders officially opened the pipeline in Taba in a ceremony carried live on state television, before they left by boat for Jordan's Red Sea port of Aqaba for a similar ceremony.
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Report: Egypt, Jordan Agree to Build Gas Pipeline
- Jordan confirms Palestinian-Israeli summit in Aqaba; Syria excluded from US-Arab summit
- Egyptian President, Jordanian King to Meet Monday
- Egypt, Syria, Jordan and Lebanon to Build Land Gas Pipeline
- Explosion at gas pipeline in Egypt's Sinai as security situation deteriorates