Jordan FM: Arabs should take '\'strong stand'\' against Palestinian suicide bombing attacks
Jordan's Foreign Minister Marwan Muasher said Sunday that Arabs need to explain their peace proposals to Israelis and take a strong stand against suicide bombings that have claimed hundreds of Israeli lives in the past three years of violence.
"We have not publically, clearly, unequivocally taken a stand against suicide bombs," Muasher declared at a meeting of business and government leaders in the Swiss Alps. "We have not told the average Israeli citizen that suicide bombs are wrong from a moral and political point of view."
But, according to The AP, he said Israel also had to state unequivocally that it will implement the U.S.-backed "roadmap" peace plan in full, including acceptance of a Palestinian state on the basis of the border from before the 1967 Mideast war. (Albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Saudi FM: Arabs should stand up against Iran ambitions
- Assad hails Palestinian bombing attacks, but says Arabs lost respect
- Egyptian-Saudi-Syrian summit in Shram a Shiekh; Saudi FM: Arabs pressure Arafat to curb suicide bombings
- Jordan FM calls Palestinians to stop suicide attacks
- Palestinian FM: ”Israel should move to Canada”