Jordan Foreign Minister visits Italy
Jordanian Foreign Minister Marwan Moasher left Wednesday on a two-day visit to Italy to deliver a letter from King Abdullah II to Pope John Paul II and hold talks with Italian officials on the Middle East.
The message, which Moasher will deliver to the pontiff deals with "the situation in the region," according to Petra news agency.
Moasher will also meet with Cardinal Jean-Louis Tauran, the Vatican's equivalent of foreign minister, to discuss "means of stepping up efforts to find a just and lasting solution to crises facing the region," Petra added.
He will hold similar talks in Rome with Italian Foreign Minister Franco Frattini, the agency added. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Jordanian Foreign Minister holds talks on Iraq with German, Egyptian and Bahraini counterparts
- Greek Foreign Minister visits Jordan
- Peres to Meet with Italian PM, Vatican Officials over Middle East Crisis
- Jordanian Foreign Minister receives Israeli Prime Minister envoys
- Moasher and Larsen Discuss Ways to End Israel-Palestinian Violence