Jordan to Host IOSCO Meeting in 2004
Jordan will host the conference of the International Organization of Securities Commission (IOSCO) in 2004, which will include representatives from 135 countries, the Jordan Securities Commission (JSC) said in a statement on Monday.
The statement, cited by the Jordan Times, said the decision was made during the IOSCO meeting, which was held in Stockholm last month despite the request submitted by Spain and Austria to host the conference.
During the meeting, JSC chairman Bassam Saket briefed the participants about the kingdom's latest legislation to improve the activities of the capital market.
Saket also met with the heads of various delegations to convince them to support the kingdom's quest to host the meeting in 2004.
The IOSCO's upcoming meeting is expected to be held in Turkey in 2002, while South Korea will host the organization's gathering in 2003, said the paper.
The IOSCO's membership includes over 500 representatives of stock markets worldwide – Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Jordan to host the IOSCO Emerging Securities Markets Committee Meeting
- Jordan to host meeting of Iraq donor countries
- Jordan to host international meeting on road accidents
- Jordan to host global meeting on regional development, reforms and peace
- Representatives from over 70 countries expected at IOSCO Emerging Securities Markets Committee meeting