Jordan hosts regional conference on Iraqi antiquities
A regional conference convened in Amman, Jordan Monday on retrieving Iraqi antiquities looted from Baghdad when Saddam Hussein was deposed last month.
The Morocco-based Islamic Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization and Jordan's antiquities department organiszd the three-day congress, grouping archeology experts from Jordan, Egypt, Syria, Lebanon and Iraq, the Petra news agency said.
The talks are expected to focus on and examine repairing the damage done to Iraqi culture in light of the looting of Iraqi museums and historic sites, it added. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Egypt to host conference to combat Daesh destruction of antiquities
- Tourism sector in Jordan working to recover after dismal year
- “Art and antiques demand peaks as exhibitors from 30 countries set to converge at International Art & Antique Expo 2006”
- Bogota hosts conference on cultural legacies of Morocco
- UN, Egypt launch conference against heritage destruction in Cairo