Jordan King, British Premier discuss Middle East situation
Jordan’s King Abdullah II and British prime minister Tony Blair on Wednesday discussed via phone, the importance of bringing peace to the Mid-East region as soon as possible.
Blair said, "it is important to come to a peaceful solution especially with the escalating violence in the Palestinian lands", a Jordanian statement said Wednesday, according to the Kuwait News Agency.
It added that the two leaders, "exchanged views on the latest developments in the region, the situation in the Palestinian territories as well as the steps needed, including convening an international conference".
The Jordanian Monarch is currently on a visit to Belgium, in the framework of a European tour, which includes France and the United Kingdom. (albawaba.com)
- Blair holds unexpected meetings with Mubarak, King Abdullah
- Jordan’s King Starts Visit to France, Due in London Tuesday to Discuss Terrorism, Mideast Conflict
- Blair, Jordan's Abdullah Stress the Need to Establish a Palestinian State
- Jordan’s King arrives in UAE, to visit France, United States later this month
- Jordanian King, Egyptian President discuss state for Palestinians