Jordan king delays Israel, PA visit
Jordan's King Abdullah II has postponed his visit to Israel and the Palestinian territories due to security concerns, Deputy Prime Minister Marwan Muasher said Monday.
The king had set no date for his visit, but his aides had said it would take place either last week or this. "The visit has been postponed for a bit, but not canceled," Muasher told reporters.
He said talks were underway with Palestinian and Israeli sides to reschedule the visit. "The security conditions are not right at the present time,"Muasher was quoted as saying by The Associated Press.
- Report: Jordan king plans to visit Israel, PA
- Jordan: No date for king visit in Israel
- U.S., Europe and PA Condemn Sharon Comments on Killing Arafat; King Abdullah Continues His Washington Visit
- Jordan's King Postpones Yemen Visit
- Hamas supporters, PA police clash in Rafah, 20 injured; Israel to “ease” curfews; ; Visit by Egyptian envoys delayed