Jordan Launches Meningitis Immunization Campaign
Jordan’s Ministry of Health will next Sunday launch a first-ever national campaign to immunize children against meningitis, reported the official Gulf News Agency (GNA).
The vaccine, which is available at all health departments nationwide, will be administered to newborns in three doses at the beginning of their third, fourth and fifth months of life.
Jordan is one of the few countries in the East Mediterranean region to introduce this vaccine in line with its strategy to protect children against various diseases, particularly infectious ones, said GNA.
The vaccine has no known side effects – Albawaba.com
- Qatari Infants to Receive Chickenpox Vaccinations
- Jordan Launches Prevention Campaign Against West Nile, Rift Valley Fevers
- Fourth Jordan businessmen forum to begin next month
- Immunity Withdrawn from Four Syrian MPs for Corruption Charges
- Biolab marks World Osteoporosis Day through its "Boost your Vitamin D" Campaign