Jordan to name new ambassador in Iraq
Jordanian Foreign Minister Marwan Moasher said on
Wednesday that his country will name a new ambassador to Iraq in an effort to strengthen the return of sovereignty to its eastern neighbor.
"Jordan has taken the decision to name an ambassador to Iraq," Moasher told Petra news agency.
"This decision stems from Jordan's strong belief in the need to stand alongside our brothers in Iraq during this important and transitional period and in a bid to bolster Iraq's sovereignty," Moasher added. (Albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Jordan to send envoy to Baghdad despite attacks
- Jordanian Foreign Minister holds talks on Iraq with German, Egyptian and Bahraini counterparts
- Jordan firmly denies hosting American troops for strike on Iraq
- Jordan, Egypt call for withdrawal of foreign forces from Iraq
- Jordan Foreign Minister visits Italy