Jordan, Saudi Arabia may Set up Joint Electricity Grid
Jordan and Saudi Arabia are reviewing the possibility of setting up a joint electricity grid, Jordanian Energy Minister Wael Sabri said on Wednesday.
The minister said that the “project aims at linking the Jordanian electric network with the Saudi electric cables via the Jordanian city of Aqaba and the Saudi city of Hael, the official Saudi SPA news agency quoted him as saying.
He said that the implementation of this project will pave the way for completion of the existing project that aims at linking the electric networks between the Arab Gulf states with Egypt, Jordan, Syria and Lebanon – Albawaba.com
- Saudi Arabia and Egypt to set up joint projects
- Electrifying: Jordan to link to GCC grid via Saudi Arabia
- GCC to establish company to oversee joint power grid
- Materializing linkages: Saudi Arabia, Egypt to share electricity during hot summer days
- Emaar, The Economic City signs MoU with Siemens to set up power grid at King Abdullah Economic City