Jordan Upgrading Skills of IT Personnel
Jordan’s communications ministry and Microsoft Gulf and Eastern Mediterranean (GEM) launched on Tuesday a series of seminars and workshops to provide government IT officials with the latest information on e-government process.
“The seminars will focus on upgrading government employees on the latest technologies and software to integrated in positioning Jordan on the global net,” a statement issued by the ministry said.
The first seminar entitled ‘Quick-Start’ was held Tuesday, and aimed at introducing the concept of e-government and over-viewing Microsoft’s technology platform, the statement added.
“E-government aims to provide access to government services to everyone in the Kingdom, regardless of location, economic status, IT ability or education,” Communications Minister, Fawaz Zu’bi, said in the statement.
“We are pleased that Microsoft shares our vision to transform Jordan into a knowledge-based economy by streamlining government operations to improve public services,” he said – Albawaba.com
- MoICT builds on e-Government Program, enhances governmental institutions’ experiences by successfully implementing Microsoft’s Enterprise Service Bus
- Jordan, Microsoft Sign $6.6m Deal to Equip Government
- ministry of education receives school technology innovation center from microsoft
- MoICT builds on e-Government Program
- Microsoft Jordan sponsors 100 students from the Graduate Internship Program