Jordanian Aircraft Makes Emergency Landing at Islamabad Airport
A Jordanian chartered aircraft made an emergency landing at the Islamabad international airport on Friday afternoon, Pakistani officials said.
The international airport in Islamabad was closed for almost six hours early Friday from 3:00am (2200 GMT Thursday) to 8:45am due to security measures, army spokesman Saulat Reza said, cited by the official Iranian news agency, IRNA.
The airline had not made a written request for the landing, but was allowed to land due to a fuel shortage.
"After landing, the plane was made to stand at the [Quarantine] Bay," official said.
Pakistani immigration and custom officials checked the passengers' documents and luggage – Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- 21 Slightly Hurt as Pakistani Jet Has Minor Accident at Dubai Airport
- Dubai Airport Reopens after Emergency Landing
- Egypt Air plane makes emergency stop in Greece; No bomb found
- Iran Air flight Makes Emergency Landing in Shiraz
- British Airways plane carrying Hajj pilgrims makes emergency landing en route to Saudi Arabia