Jordanian Aircraft Makes Emergency Landing at Islamabad Airport
A Jordanian chartered aircraft made an emergency landing at the Islamabad international airport on Friday afternoon, Pakistani officials said.
The international airport in Islamabad was closed for almost six hours early Friday from 3:00am (2200 GMT Thursday) to 8:45am due to security measures, army spokesman Saulat Reza said, cited by the official Iranian news agency, IRNA.
The airline had not made a written request for the landing, but was allowed to land due to a fuel shortage.
"After landing, the plane was made to stand at the [Quarantine] Bay," official said.
Pakistani immigration and custom officials checked the passengers' documents and luggage – Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Officially: Emirates Airline Plane Makes Emergency Landing at Aden Airport Due to Engine Problem
- Following bomb threat: Flight from Germany to Mexico makes emergency landing
- No fuel for Iranian passenger aircraft
- Lufthansa plane makes emergency landing in Istanbul
- Emergency landing injures 29 on Saudi Arabian Airlines flight