Jordanian Company Sues Anti-Normalizers for Libel
A Jordanian company said it has filed a motion against the Engineering Association, charging it for libel after the association’s anti-normalization committee accused it with having links with Israel.
General Director of Al Ramz, Abdul Razaq Dajani, told Albawaba.com here that the company’s lawyer will ask the court to inflict criminal punishment on the activists and claim financial compensation.
The committee issued earlier this year a black list of “normalizing” firms and individuals including Al Ramz, alleging that the ready-made cement manufacturer has Israelis on its board and that it deals with Israeli companies.
The allegations were “totally nonsense,” said the top executive.
Dajani claimed that his company has lost millions as a consequence of the accusation, stressing that they have in possession all the documents that refutes the association’s allegations.
Eight members of the committee were arrested by the authorities for membership in illegal organization. Two of them, including its chairman Ali Abu Sukkar, were additionally accused of possessing explosives. All were released on bail.
The prosecutors did not mention the list during the investigations, but senior government officials had charged that it was harmful to the interests of Jordan – Albawaba.com
- Anti- normalization with Israel resurfaces as Jordanian court requests lifting of immunity from MP
- Sources: Jordan’s Anti-Normalization Committee Members to be out on Bail
- Jordanian Authorities Inspect Engineers’ Union Offices, Confiscate Anti-Normalization Documents
- Jordanian Anti-Normalization Committee outlawed
- Jordanian firm accused of Israeli ‘ties’ sues for damages