Jordanian Foreign Minister to Meet Arafat ahead of Camp David Summit
Jordanian Foreign Minister Abdel-Ilah Khatib is to make a brief visit to Gaza Saturday for talks with Palestinian president Yasser Arafat ahead of next week's summit in the United States, an official Jordanian source said.
Khatib will give Arafat a message from King Abdullah, which "reflects the continuing Jordanian support for the Palestinian positions" on the peace process, the source said.
Khatib met the Palestinian second-in-command, Mahmud Abbas, in Amman Friday to discuss the summit, which starts in Camp David on Tuesday between Arafat, Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Barak, and US President Bill Clinton.
Barak is scheduled to meet King Abdullah in Amman on Saturday evening – AMMAN (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Jordanian FM: Jordan Stands behind Palestinians in Camp David Summit
- Jordan's King Abdullah Calls on Israel, Palestinians to 'Seize the Occasion'
- Arafat Arrives in Amman for Talks with King Abdullah
- Jordanian FM: Barak to Discuss Peace Process with Jordan's King Abdullah
- Albright Speaks to Jordanian FM about Middle East Peace