Jordanian King to visit Switzerland for World Economic Forum
Jordan's King Abdullah II will travel on Friday to Switzerland to take part in the annual gathering of the World Economic Forum in the Alpine resort of Davos.
Abdullah, who will be accompanied by his wife Queen Rania, will address the political, business and academic leaders attending the forum from Thursday through next Tuesday, Petra news agency said.
In addition, the King will meet on the sidelines of the conference with several Arab and other political and business leaders as well as participate in a meeting on information technology, the agency said.
Queen Rania will also attend meetings of the forum's board of administration after being elected to that body as well as launch a dialogue on the role of Arab and Western women in promoting development, the agency further said.
The Queen will also deliver a keynote address before 300 delegates on the "importance of dialogue to bridge the gaps between the haves and have-nots," it added. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Jordanian King, Former Israeli Foreign Minister meet in Switzerland
- Jordanian Queen Rania raises unemployment issue at World Economic Forum
- King Abdullah, Mubarak hold summit in Cairo
- The World Economic Forum Returns To Jordan For Its Middle East Meeting Next Year
- World Economic Forum to meet in Jordan; King Abdullah urges investors