Jordanian Police Detain Three Brothers in \'Honor Crime\'
Jordanian police from Zarqa's district have detained three brothers who reportedly killed their 41-year-old widowed sister and injured two of her daughters in Ruseifa for reasons of “family honor,” Jordan Times reported Monday.
The victim, Zahra Ali, a mother of five, died shortly after being admitted to hospital suffering an injury to her skull that caused head trauma, the paper added.
The daily quoted an official source as saying that two of her three daughters were admitted to the same hospital, Prince Faisal Government Hospital, for bullet wounds and bruises to different parts of their bodies.
Human rights activists in Jordan have brought for the abolishing of article 340 of the penal law, which gives reduced sentences for the so-called "honor crime." -- Albawaba.com
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Jordanian Crushes Pregnant Cousin's Skull to Redeem Family Honor
- Jordanian Police Arrest One Man, Search for Another in Alleged `Honor\' Killing
- Jordanian Man Indicted for Clubbing Sister to Death
- 20 Jordanian Women Died in 2000 in \'Honor Killings\'
- Three Palestinians detained by Israel amidst protests against PA crackdown