Jordan's King Sends Message to Syrian President
Jordanian Foreign Minister Abdel Ilah Khatib headed for Syria on Monday to deliver a message from King Abdullah to President Bashar Assad on the latest developments in the region following the terror attacks that rocked the US on Sept 11.
The official Jordanian news agency, Petra, said that the message dealt with the “latest developments on the regional and international scenes.”
It also covers Arab coordination on these developments and other issues of shared interest, the paper said.
Jordan, along with Egypt, has been rallying the Arab World around solutions to the Middle East crisis, particularly in Palestine.
The Jordanian monarch is due to hold talks with US President George Bush on Friday – Albawaba.com
- Jordan FM to Convey Message from King to Syrian President
- Jordan’s King to Hold Talks with Mubarak in Sharm el-Sheikh
- Syrian President Receives Message from Jordan’s king on Middle East Tension
- Syrian President Stresses Need to Reactivate Arab Solidarity
- Jordan’s King Abdullah to Tour Three European Countries This Week