Kaddoumi will deliver to Iranian President letter from Arafat
Head of the Palestine Liberation Organization's political office, Farouq al-Kaddoumi is expected to arrive in Tehran next week carrying a letter from Palestinian leader, Yasser Arafat to Iranian president Mohammed Khatami.
According to the Iranian "Benian" newspaper, quoting informed sources as saying that "Kaddoumi and his accompanying delegation will hold talks with Iranian foreign minister, Kamal Kharazi discussing the latest Israeli aggression against Palestinians."
The source added that "Kaddoumi will deliver a letter from Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat to the Iranian president."
Kharazi condemned the Israeli violence and massacres against the unarmed Palestinian people in the course of a phone call with Kaddoumi last Saturday, KUNA said.
The two officials also met in the meeting of the Organization of the Islamic Conference (OIC) foreign ministers recently held in Kuala Lumpur.
Iran is attempting to reestablish ties with the Palestinian leader following two decades of no relations between the two states due to Arafat's siding with Iraqi president Saddam Hussein during the eight-year war with Iraq. (albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Indian Prime Minister Sends Letter of Support to President Arafat
- Palestinian President sends letter to UAE counterpart
- Head of political missions of China delivered a letter
- Palestinian leader sends letter to UAE President
- Ahmadinejad says Iran to celebrate nuclear success as protest on Israeli threats delivered