Kadhafi: Fall of Saddam allowed ''terrorism'' to flourish in Iraq
The fall of Saddam Hussein has allowed "terrorism," and notably "Islamic extremism" like that of Osama bin Laden, to flourish in Iraq, Libyan leader Moamer Kadhafi said.
"Saddam's fall has not brought terrorism to an end," Kadhafi said in a televised speech on Wednesday. "Far from it: it has found a bigger opportunity to flourish," he said, addressing an audience of Libyan police officers, AFP reported.
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Kadhafi says Libya, U.S. cooperate in war against terrorism
- Kadhafi says US strike to radicalize Iraq, he will focus on int’l, not Libyan affairs
- Libyan leader: Saddam is still Iraq's legal president
- Libyan President: United States anti-terror war turning into “terrorism”
- Saddam sends message to Libyan President