Kadhafi had no time to meet Spanish FM
Libyan leader Moamer Kadhafi failed to meet with Spanish Foreign Minister Miguel Angel Moratinos after the Spaniard had waited around for 10 hours, a Spanish newspaper reported Friday.
According to El Pais, Libyan Prime Minister Shukri Ghanem told Moratinos that the Libyan leader had had a full schedule Thursday which included talks with several African leaders. Ghanem reportedly suggested delaying Moratinos' meeting to Friday but the Spanish minister refused.
Despite this incident, the Spanish visitor invited Kadhafi to the Euro-Mediterranean summit which will be held in Barcelona later this year, the paper added
- UK to deploy warplanes as rebels reject Kadhafi's ceasefire offer
- For first time in 30 years: Kadhafi in Paris amid human rights criticism
- Spanish FM: US Asks Paris, Madrid to Intervene for Israeli Hostages
- Britain sets new conditions to Saddam; Spanish FM: U.N. vote by Friday
- Egyptian FM, Amr Moussa to Visit Libya for Mideast Talks