Kadhafi starts historic visit to Italy
Libyan leader Moamer Kadhafi on Wednesday started his first visit to Italy, AFP reported. He arrived at the head of a delegation of more than 200.
Italy has warmed its ties with Libya in recent years, mainly to curb a massive influx of migrants. Last year, Italy signed a deal with its former colony pledging US$5 billion over the next 25 years as compensation for colonising Libya from 1911 to 1947.
- For first time in 30 years: Kadhafi in Paris amid human rights criticism
- Rice arrives in Libya for "historic" visit
- UAE and Chinese economies are burgeoning and forging historic links
- Cameroon Lions Leave Libya Licking their Wounds
- motexha 2007 gets off to a royal start - Sheikh Hasher meets royal designers from East and West at Middle East’s largest B2B marketplace for textile