Kadhafi warns of consequences from Turkey's EU entry
Turkey will be an Islamic "Trojan horse" inside the European Union if it is allowed to join the bloc, to the advantage of Al-Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden, Libyan leader Moamer Kadhafi warned in comments published Thursday during interview with Italian radio.
"The Islamic world, including Islamic extremists up to bin Laden, is rejoicing at Turkey's entry. It is their Trojan horse," Kadhafi was quoted as saying in the RAI interview.
Kadhafi said he was not against Ankara's EU entry but warned of its possible consequences. "I say only that there will be consequences from the entry of this Trojan horse," he noted.
- Kadhafi says Libya, U.S. cooperate in war against terrorism
- Kadhafi: Fall of Saddam allowed ''terrorism'' to flourish in Iraq
- Kadhafi says US strike to radicalize Iraq, he will focus on int’l, not Libyan affairs
- Kadhafi's visit to Italy stirs controversy
- Libyan President: United States anti-terror war turning into “terrorism”