Kate Winslet Buys Million Dollar Estate
Mother-to-be Kate Winslet has just bought a $1.17 million estate in southern England in which she plans to raise her baby, reported the Mirror.
The 24-year-old British actress, whose baby is due next month, moved into the riverside property along with husband Jim Threapleton, 26, a few weeks ago, the British tabloid said.
The Mirror, which did not give a precise location, said the four-bedroom house was surrounded by water and could be reached only via a bridge, according to ABC online.
It had been fitted with a sophisticated alarm and lighting system following a string of e-mail death threats on the star's fan club website, the paper said.
"It is extremely quiet and miles from anywhere. She is very keen to keep her domestic life as far away from her career as possible," one unidentified friend was quoted as saying.
Winslet's friends said she was planning a lengthy career break after completing work on her new movie Enigma several months ago, said the Mirror-Albawaba.com.
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- KINGDOM HOTEL INVESTMENTS BUY’S 100% OF THE KARON BEACH HOTEL IN PHUKET FOR $ 98.5 MM DOLLARS
- The million-dollar question (or more): should you buy or rent in the UAE?
- Religious cover-up goes catwalk crazy with million dollar diamond abaya
- Kate Winslet to Star in Egyptian Movie
- Buy a slice of the model high-life! Gigi Hadid’s $2.5m apartment for sale