Khalifa University teams up with the Department of Civil Defence
Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research (KUSTAR) launched a Fire Safety training workshop for its students, staff and faculty. Officials from the Department of Civil Defence held comprehensive fire safety demonstrations at the university’s main campus in Abu Dhabi.
Students participated in the exercises led by the Civil Defence officials in an effort to actively get involved in the techniques that could one day save their lives. KUSTAR’s emergency preparation workshop was conducted using real-life simulations.
Commenting on this workshop, Dr Mohammed Al Mualla, KUSTAR’s Interim Provost said, “Simulated fire drills with our students is a precautionary step we took in order to promote a safe campus environment. Involving the students and staff in such exercises fully prepares them for such emergencies, allowing us to avoid tragedies and minimize damages. We are grateful for the continuous support of the Abu Dhabi Civil Defence department.”
Lt. Abdullah Al Tamimi, spokesman from the Civil Defence Department said: “we participate in this workshop in line with Civil Defence Plan in Abu Dhabi, taking into consideration that it aims to raise precautionary awareness among the largest segments of society. If they face a fire, they should act in a proper way until civil defence officials arrive onsite. KUSTAR is one of the important governmental bodies helping to raise awareness among students, academic and administrative staff”.
- Al Bustan Centre & Residence coordinates fire drill with Dubai Civil Defence to improve safety procedures
- Dubai Civil Defence Department imparts safety guidelines to families at Modhesh World
- ENOC Organises Emergency Response Workshop for Petroleum Tanker Rollover Spills
- 250 new students enroll at Khalifa University for new academic year
- Emirates Gas organises UAE’s first simulation exercise to equip forces for emergency response